REPORT TO: Director Software Development
- Develop, enhance and maintain server-side application components in accordance with project standards and best-practices, with an emphasis on user interface design and development
- Daily interaction with peer developers, the quality assurance team, business analysts, and information technology
- A dynamic team player that can simultaneously work on many different projects and be accountable for architecting sub components, provide delivery estimates and produce quality deliverables
- Involved in the evaluation of open source and commercial tools/frameworks
- Contribute to the development of product solutions and perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the analysis of performance testing reports, problem identification, root cause analysis and suggestions on next steps
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent field), or equivalent work experience
- A meticulous approach to coding and component design standards and a respect for developing components used in a zero down-time environment
- Strong team and collaborative skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills as well as practical problem-solving and decision-making skills
- The ability to work on multiple projects with aggressive timelines and handle situations of changing business priorities with grace
- The ability to troubleshoot and independently research and resolve problems.
- Previous experience in CMIS, ALFRESCO (or similar) is a plus
- Strong development familiarity with Internet Explorer 8+ and development experience for multiple browser types and versions
- Strong familiarity with basic SQL
- Experience with WebLogic or equivalent application servers
- Experience with Struts or equivalent frameworks
- Familiarity with IntelliJ IDE
- Experience working with performance testing tools, preferably LoadRunner
- Knowledge of electronic procurement, content management systems, online auction technology and benefits market
- Experience in .Net C# and/or ASP.Net.
LOCATION: Ottawa, Canada or Burlington, MA
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.