REPORT TO: Director, Software Development
• Develop, enhance and maintain server-side application components in accordance with project standards and best-practices, with an emphasis on user interface design and development
• Interact daily with developers, the quality assurance team, business analysts, information technology, and third party vendors (such as design firms)
• Be part of a team that simultaneously works on a number of different projects and will be accountable for the timeliness and quality delivery of all technical and analytical products
• Ability to configure and maintain local development environment, including application and web server instances
• Evaluate and recommend open source and commercial tools/frameworks
• Execute performance analysis for various Highroads’ projects
• Perform in-depth analysis of performance testing reports, problem identification, root cause analysis, and suggestions on next steps
• Lead customer solutions and perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent field) or equivalent work experience
• A meticulous approach to coding and component design standards and a respect for developing components used in a zero down-time environment
• Strong team and collaborative skills
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation) and the ability to work with remote teams
• Strong organizational and analytical skills as well as practical problem-solving and decision-making skills
• The ability to work on multiple projects with aggressive timelines and handle situations of changing business priorities with grace
• The ability to troubleshoot and independently research and resolve problems.
• Strong development familiarity with multiple browser types and versions
• Strong familiarity with Spring framework
• Experience with Tomcat or other application servers
• Experience with Struts or equivalent frameworks
• Familiarity with Eclipse IDE or IntelliJ.
LOCATION: Ottawa, Canada or Burlington, MA
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.