"We get a sense of satisfaction when solving problems or helping customers out in one way or another. Our team is proud to work for a true leader in the industry. Couple the vitality of this company with the opportunity to contribute to its mission and vision while working closely with people that you enjoy working with - you have a recipe for success!"
Ella and Barbara
Job Title: Security & Network Engineer
Report To: Manager Security and Network Services
Location: Ottawa Canada
The Security & Network Engineer is a member of IT/ASP Technology Team. The Security & Network Engineer will develop, maintain, and troubleshoot various security systems in a Linux, UNIX, Windows, Networking, Firewall, Load Balancer, Oracle, WebLogic, Java server (32/64 bit) environment. The Security & Network Engineer will analyze Linux, UNIX, Windows, Firewall, Load Balancer, WebLogic log files and create automated systems of notification, configure information technology security software/hardware, write and prepare security statistical reports and supporting documentation.
- Hands on day to day management of the security and network devices.
- Implement information security interfaces in complex computing systems, applications and network software/hardware
- Evaluate internet-wide security threats in relation to local systems
- Communicate potential information security exploits
- Participate in the evaluation of proposed systems and applications to determine information security or data integrity implications
- Develop and maintain distributed automated information technology security monitoring and reporting mechanisms
- Develop and maintain varies information technology network security control systems such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention systems, wirelessnetworks, virtual private networks, and network account access; analyze log files, and report breaches including potential solutions
- Monitor network traffic activity company wide
- Assist colleagues and staff company wide in troubleshooting and resolving network and network security issues
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor degree in computer science
- Network certifications; Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert - CCIE preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in IT working in the area of security and network implementations
- Experience in computer languages such as Perl, PHP, and Java
- Experience with designing/ implementing networks and related security devices
- Hands on knowledge of Firewall/Nokia & Checkpoint technologies and Load Balancer technologies
- Hands on knowledge of security log analyzer technologies
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Pro-active mindset
- Ability to provide guidance to team members on projects and problem analysis
- Ability to initiate and participate in internal projects in support of strategic and operational goals.
- Hands on experience in managing HA environment
Please submit resume to email@example.com for consideration.