HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
Reporting to the CFO, the Assistant Controller will own the accounting processes for a growing venture backed private company. The ideal candidate will have either a strong accounting or audit background with SaaS and professional services companies and international operations. Qualified candidates must have excellent communication skills and be very organized.
Specifically, the Assistant Controller will be expected to:
- Manage the day-to-day accounting function consisting of the monthly closings, balance sheet reconciliations, and timely delivery company financial statements
- Provide HR administrative support to company employees (new employee on-boarding, payroll, accurate record keeping)
- Provide accounting and HR support for Ireland based development team
- Assist in providing meaningful internal financial analysis and reporting to help drive operational, financial and strategic decision making
- Support annual budgeting process and interim financial forecast updates
- Provide tight execution on company working capital management (AR, AP, etc.)
- Support compliance across the company including tax filings, implementation of controls, and governance
- Create and update policies and process documents as needed
- Perform other duties and activities as needed/assigned
To perform the job successfully the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral and written communication
- Cost consciousness
- Planning/organizing and dependability
- Initiative and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Audit experience preferred, but not required
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Enterprise software industry experience preferred, experience with government or highly regulated business a plus
- Experience with NetSuite and QuickBooks
- Strong computer skills required, must be highly skilled with Microsoft Excel
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity and Adversity. A hands-on, entrepreneurial executive able to seize upon moving windows of opportunity in evolving market segments. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Decisive optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants leaders who continue to build on this culture.
- “Equity” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company and increasing shareholder value. Able to function effectively in a high risk/reward scenario.
- Maturity and Independence. Someone who speaks with authority and leads rather than follows. A highly ethical and intelligent professional with the executive presence and industry stature to effectively represent the company and its mission externally, and to bring enhanced credibility to the firm and its products. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
- Burlington, MA
Questions? Please email email@example.com
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org