Full-Stack Software Engineer
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
The Software Engineer will be a key member of the product development organization and a key contributor to HighRoads SaaS-based web solutions. It is important that this candidate be well versed with both front-end and back-end web solution technologies. The Software Engineer will work as part of an Agile development organization and be accountable for working with the team to refine software requirements, provide estimates and design/deliver software while managing timeline commitments as defined by the product roadmap.
Specifically, the Full-Stack Software Engineer will be expected to:
- Work within a scrum team to provide high-quality, working software on two-week sprint boundaries.
- Contribute in a highly-collaborative environment to develop, enhance and maintain components within a micro service SaaS architecture in accordance with project standards.
- Be a dynamic team player that simultaneously works on multiple projects and provides input on component architecture and design in support of the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Participate in the evaluation of open source and commercial tools/frameworks.
- Perform analysis of system performance, issue triage, and root cause analysis of system issues.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent field) or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in ReactJS designing and developing full-stack web technologies including Java, Spring framework, AngularJS or, REST/JSON, CSS, HTML.
- Experience working in Agile environment, Test Drive Development, and Continuous Integration.
- Experience with SaaS and cloud-based platform development, such as AWS.
- Strong awareness of open-source technologies and frameworks.
- Knowledge of modern software development toolsets and frameworks.
- A fearless approach to problem solving and a natural curiosity to understand full system behavior.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work on multiple projects with aggressive timelines and handle situations of changing business priorities with grace.
- The ability to troubleshoot and independently research and resolve problems.
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity and Adversity. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Decisive optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants team members who continue to build on this culture.
- “Equity” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company.
- Maturity and Independence. A highly ethical and intelligent professional who effectively represents the company and its mission internally and externally and who brings enhanced credibility to the firm and its products. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
- Hiring in Burlington, MA and Belfast, Northern Ireland
Questions? Please email email@example.com
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org